Sales Representative (Las Vegas, NV)
Summary To solicit orders, selling the assigned product lines, represent the Company in accordance with its policies in the designated territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Achieve territory sales and credit quotas through daily contact with stores, buyers and garden center contacts.
- Consistently sell all products offered by the company and on the current availability.
- To aggressively solicit orders from present and prospective customers for the products assigned to him/her.
- Seek new uses and applications for company products with present and prospective customers.
- Assist present and prospective customers in adopting company products to their requirements and specifications.
- To aggressively carry out merchandising programs as directed. This includes meeting trucks at scheduled times and unloading racks of product from our delivery trucks. Each rack can weigh between 175lbs to 200lbs depending on rack size, type of plants and if plants are dry or watered. Setting flats of plants up on table space allotted, and ensure all plants are watered. Flats of plants can weigh between 30 lbs and 48 lbs depending on plant type. Shrubs can weigh more. Must keep all plants watered, trimmed and spaced. Watering plants includes using industrial garden hoses weighing approximately 75 lbs and keeping area swept.
- Must be able to build a display for home shows, trade shows and for store grand openings or special events. This includes building the tables, loading and setting up flats of color, shrubs, bushes, and assisting with customer service. Building or resetting the display can entail lifting, carrying, stacking, pushing, pulling and moving concrete blocks, wooden boards, wooden post, clay pots, various types of flats or plants and ornamentals. Must be able to carry at least 50 to 100 lbs and use hammers, drills, brooms, forklift, and various other tools.
- Authorize credits or exchange for goods in accordance with company policy.
- To comply with all company policies, instructions, and directives for the fulfillment of company objectives and for maximum profitable sales.
- To be alert to competitive products and merchandising practices, and keep management informed concerning them.
- To submit any special reports regarding the operation of the territory, acceptance of products, or competitive conditions as may be requested.
- To attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and trade shows as directed.
- Must follow all safety training, rules, policies and participate in Safety Program
- To assist in the field training of any salesperson as requested.
- Cooperate with all personnel in the branch, department, and other divisions on the execution of company programs and policies.
- To be aware of customer’s credit and payment status and to assist in collection efforts as required.
- Contacts customers and business, community, and civic organizations to promote goodwill and generate new business.
- Promotes and cross-sells other establishment products and services as appropriate to customer requirements.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
- This position works in an outside environment to include heat, cold, sun, rain and various other elements. Must be able to tolerate these conditions as well as all lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying, kneeling, stooping and bending requirements. Must also be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Sales reps are also required to maintain a “home office” to include maintaining and generating daily, weekly and monthly reports for territory. If sales rep has POS stores, must know and understand POS numbers, scrap and waste for your territory. If sales reps have merchandisers, sales rep is responsible for verifying and reporting hours worked for merchandiser within required timeframe for payroll.