Please take note of your desired job title and location clearly listed at the upper left, you'll need to fill that in on your employment application after you click "Apply Now"
Automobile Maintenance Supervisor (Rainbow – Fallbrook, CA)
Summary – Under general direction, organizes monitors, and supervises facility vehicle maintenance operations; performs a variety of technical tasks related to facility vehicles, tractors, heavy equipment and machinery.
Ensure preventative maintenance and proper operating conditions on all company fleet vehicles, forklifts, heavy equipment, tractors and machinery.
- Work with the team to manage labor hours to plan
- Understand and follow safety policies and procedures and instill these principles in personnel
- Ensure continuous improvement in facility safety and team members safety
- Ensure proper Inventory levels and receiving of Materials and auto parts
- Maintain a written PM schedule for vehicles and heavy equipment to include a cost estimate for each scheduled PM
- Track on a weekly basis PM performed and cost to plan
- Keep a running list of all maintenance issues turned in by managers, supervisors and Leads
- Prioritize all maintenance repairs with the production manager in order to target the right issues at the right time
- Track safety related repairs to provide compliance with OSHA and other state and Federal Agencies
- Oversee team members’ qualification and trainings records to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining Department Of Transportation (DOT) regulatory compliance that include assisting with internal and external audits.
- Delegate responsibility effectively to team members to maintain all vehicle/equipment in good working conditions and ensure compliance with all OSHA, state and Federal Regulations
- Maintain all work areas clean and in good working conditions in compliance with all OSHA state and Federal Regulation
- Determine most cost effective and efficient transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency as well as contingency processes to ensure continuity of service in emergency situations to deliver the best possible service arrangement.
- Train, guide, direct and motivate team members in roles and responsibilities by providing direction, setting and monitoring performance expectations.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, and training and safety records.
- Assist in managing all vehicle related capital projects in the facility.
- Organize and create a weekly work schedule to delegate team members to accomplish assignments.
- Work with the team on continuous improvement efforts
- Report on a weekly basis the status of work orders received
- Ensure that all teams members have PPE equipment and the supplies to perform their job functions
- Follow all environmental waste laws and regulations
Directly supervises maintenance mechanic employees, must carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; holding regular meetings and complying with safety regulations; housekeeping; measuring and monitoring efficiencies; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a vehicle maintenance supervisory level role
- Strong business, communication, leadership, planning and organizing, as well as conflict management skills
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with computers and all required software
- Bilingual in English/Spanish language
Wages & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Company Paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan