Please take note of your desired job title and location clearly listed at the upper left, you'll need to fill that in on your employment application after you click "Apply Now"
Availability Manager (Winters, CA)
Summary – Oversee all aspects of the Availability Department
Essential Functions: (Essential functions, as defined under the American with Disability Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class)
Duties and Responsibilities: (These are not in any hierarchical order)
- Attend the weekly BIT meeting to highlight schedule conditions and provide input on daily adjustments
- Work with the facility Management to develop action plans and timelines to address all variances to the planned inventory
- Analyze significant variances from weekly plan and recommend changes to upgrade facility performance
- Establish, monitor and measure key results areas and metrics for the availability auditors
- Maintain quality standards in product availability and allocations
- Provide leadership and direction to the Availability Team to include cross training within the department
- Oversee all cycle counts and inventory related functions
- Ensure execution and review of the “zero label/future quotes” report
- Manages/tracks customers commitments
- Develop custom availability reports to meet the needs of sales
- Work with Sales Managers and Production Managers to identify and tackle any significant delays or issues with crops
- Attend meetings related to inventory production, forecasting and crop readiness
- Review all inventory to plan for next year, with that information at hand, touches bases with label room to make sure they have all supplies needed and facilitate the purchasing of supplies with Corporate Purchasing
- Verify saleable plant grade and communicate with Sales Manager
- STO’S (stock transferred from within facilities) – If there any shortages, communicate with appropriate and make recommendations
- Run and analyze reports weekly: Supply and Demand, and Sales History.
- Run and analyze daily reports: Availability Report, and Finished Goods Report. Based on these reports give directives to the Availability Team
- Conduct weekly Availability Team meeting
- Manage Availability Team daily by establishing and maintaining the staff management process for the department, create an environment for personal growth and development, and model/support the Company vision and values.
Competencies- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Identify and solve problems in a timely manner
- Respond promptly to requests
- Meet/keep commitments
- Promote quality and accuracy
- Follow Policies and Procedures
- Complete tasks correctly and on time
- Look for ways to promote and improve quality
- Apply feedback to improve performance
- Observe safety and security procedures
- Report potential unsafe conditions
- Follow instructions and directions
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/ or ability required.
- Two year College (Associate’s Degree)
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Strong business, communication, leadership, planning and organizing
- Strong budgeting, financial forecasting, and financial analysis skills
- Must be able to interact with all business units within the organization
- Must be a skilled problem solver and be able to work in an intense environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft applications
- Develop and foster team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects as needed
- Bilingual English / Spanish
Language Skills: Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of executives, managers, clients, external customers, internal customers, and the public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate numbers, correct entries and post to records. Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports. Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Education and/or Experience: Self-motivated, able to develop and work as part of a team and process strong management, organizational and communication skills. Will be expected to participate with management in critical development decisions. This position will manage hours to plan, develop measure and monitoring systems to ensure continuous improvement and insure accurate reporting.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools and controls. The employee will frequently be required to reach/work over the shoulder, push, pull, reach with hands and arms, stoop, bend, and kneel. Duties may involve moving materials weighting up to 10 lbs on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs on an occasional basis. Manual dexterity and coordination are required 75% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, 10-key calculator, phone and similar office machines. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. Minimum physical exertion. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in a typical interior/office work environment in a primarily climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. 25% of the time the employee will be required to work in an outside work environment to include heat, cold, sun, rain and various other elements and potentially difficult environmental conditions. The employee must be able to tolerate these conditions. The employee will also be occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes, chemicals or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in this work outside work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises all operations of the Availability Team
Must carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; holding regular meetings and complying with safety regulations; housekeeping; measuring and monitoring efficiencies; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.