Please take note of your desired job title and location clearly listed at the upper left, you'll need to fill that in on your employment application after you click "Apply Now"
Hines Growers, Inc. has been a leader in the wholesale production of ornamental plants for over 25 years. The company’s strategy is based on innovation in the horticultural field and production of a high quality product.
We are seeking an experienced Facility Controller at our Winters, CA facility to serve as a business partner with the facility and corporate financial management to effectively manage and control the facility’s business. We’re looking for individuals who are interested in long-range career growth and have the strategic ability to plan for their professional future. You’ll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do.
A proven track record of successful “hands on” management of a high volume operation is a must. This individual will be expected to participate with Divisional Senior Management in critical development decisions including production and harvest plans, budgets, manpower and transportation issues. Qualified candidates must be process driven, self motivated, able to develop and work as part of a team and possess strong management, organizational and communication skills. Candidates must have at least five years of accounting management experience. A degree in Accounting or Business Administration is required.
Job Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- At least five years of experience in an accounting leadership role
- Strong budgeting, financial forecasting, and financial analysis skills
- High level of proficiency using Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Must have strong communication, leadership, planning and organization as well as conflict management skills
- Demonstrated self-motivation to include initiative, assertive, team based solutions and results
- Enthusiasm and drive to manage in a fast-paced, team environment
- Must be able to interact with all teams at the facility, and other business units within the organization
- Ability to analyze, create and design systems to increase overall efficiency. Bring ideas to management and be able to implement changes and improvements effectively
- Must be a skilled problem solver and be able to work in an intense environment.
- Ensure continuous improvement in all areas
- Develop and foster team environment through training and education to enhance team development
- Ensure labor cost objectives are met, improve productivity, efficiency and reduce cost