Please take note of your desired job title and location clearly listed at the upper left, you'll need to fill that in on your employment application after you click "Apply Now"
Facility Maintenance Supervisor (Rainbow – Fallbrook, CA)
Summary – Under general direction, organizes monitors, and supervises facility maintenance operations; performs a variety of technical tasks related fields, greenhouses, roadways, office and field equipment.
Essential Functions: (Essential functions, as defined under the American with Disability Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class)
Duties and Responsibilities: (These are not in any hierarchical order) other duties may be assigned as directed by manager.
Ensure the proper preventative maintenance for all fields; greenhouse, roadways and canning equipment is running in optimal levels.
- Work with the team to manage labor hours to plan
- Ensure continuous improvement, facility safety and the safety of all employees within the supervisory group
- Ensure proper inventory levels and receiving of Materials
- Maintain a written PM schedule for each structure, greenhouse and field to include an estimate for each scheduled PM
- Track on a weekly basis PM performed and cost to plan
- Keep a running list of all maintenance issues turned in by Team Leads or other facility department managers
- Prioritize all maintenance lists with the production manager in order to target the right issues at the right time
- Track safety related repairs to provide compliance with OSHA and other state and Federal Agencies
- Ensure that all fields and greenhouses are maintained to ensure quality growing conditions
- Delegate responsibility effectively to team members to maintain all work areas in clean and in good working conditions to ensure compliance with all OSHA, state and Federal Regulations
- Train, guide, direct and motivate team members in roles and responsibilities by providing direction, setting and monitoring performance expectations.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, and training and safety records.
- Assist in managing all facility capital projects in the facility.
- Organize and create a weekly work schedule to delegate team members to accomplish assignments.
- Work with the team on continuous improvement efforts
- Report on a weekly basis the status of work orders received
- Ensure that the property line is maintained cleaned and all road signs are up at all times
- Ensure that all teams members have PPE equipment and the supplies to perform their job functions
- Follow all environmental waste laws and regulations
Directly supervises field, greenhouses and maintenance crew, must carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; holding regular meetings and complying with safety regulations; housekeeping; measuring and monitoring efficiencies; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Identify and solve problems in a timely manner
- Respond promptly to requests
- Meet/keep commitments
- Promote quality and accuracy
- Follow Policies and Procedures
- Complete tasks correctly and on time
- Look for ways to promote and improve quality
- Apply feedback to improve performance
- Observe safety and security procedures
- Report potential unsafe conditions
- Follow instructions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/ or ability required
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a facility maintenance supervisory level role
- Strong business, communication, leadership, planning and organizing, as well as conflict management skills
- Strong logistics and planning skills
- Must be able to interact with field operations team and sales team
- Must be a skilled problem solver and be able to work in an intense environment
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with computers and all required software
- Develop and foster team environment
- Bilingual in the Spanish language preferred, but not required
- Ability to create and design systems to increase overall efficiency. Bring ideas to management and be able to implement changes and improvements effectively
- Ability to create and deliver performance management messages to subordinates
- Ability to manage multiple projects and facilitate group meetings Utilization of all safety rules, regulations
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Normal office/field environment (able to work in hot, cold, windy weather), 60% of job in outdoor environment. See, hear, talk, walk, sit and stand for long periods of time. Reach, bend, climb, stoop, and carrying up to 50 lbs. Repetitive hand movement. Use and view personal computer. Use telephone, mobile phone, copier/scanner, and calculator. Ability to communicate (read/write/verbal) effectively. Time management, interpersonal, and organizational skills.