Please take note of your desired job title and location clearly listed at the upper left, you'll need to fill that in on your employment application after you click "Apply Now"
General Manager (Winters, CA)
Hines Growers, Inc. has been a leader in the wholesale production of ornamental plants for over 25 years. The company’s strategy is based on innovation in the horticultural field and production of a high quality product.
We are seeking an experienced General Manager at our Winters, California facility to oversee all aspects of the ornamental production process. We’re looking for individuals who are interested in long-range career growth and have the strategic ability to plan for their professional futures. You’ll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do.
A proven track record of successful “hands on” management of a high volume ornamental operation is a must. This individual will be expected to participate with Senior Management in critical development decisions including production and harvest plans, budgets, manpower and transportation issues. Qualified candidates must be process driven, self motivated, able to develop and work as part of a team and possess strong management, organizational and communication skills. Fluency in Spanish is a plus. Candidates must have at least five years of industry management experience with a proven ability to execute and supervise an ornamental production plan. A degree in Horticulture is helpful.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- At least five years of operations and management experience in a manager level role
- Must have strong communication, leadership, planning and organization as well as conflict management skills
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish a plus
- Technology Oriented – excellent computer skills – Email, Word, Excel
- Demonstrated self-motivation to include initiative, assertive, team based solutions and results
- Enthusiasm and drive to manage in a fast-paced, team environment
- Will be responsible for site budgeting process and harvest planning on a 13 week, 1 year and 2 year cycle
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze, create and design systems to increase overall efficiency. Bring ideas to management and be able to implement changes and improvements effectively
- Ability to create and deliver performance management messages to subordinates
- Ability to manage multiple projects and facilitate group meetings
- Must be able to interact with field operations team and sales team
- Must be a skilled problem solver and be able to work in an intense environment.
- Ensure continuous improvement in all areas
- Develop and foster team environment through training and education to enhance team development
- Ensure labor cost objectives are met, improve productivity, efficiency and reduce cost
- Responsible for maximizing space utilization of the facility to ensure operational efficiency
Please apply online or e-mail your resume to email@example.com to be considered for the position.