Forest Grove, OR
Please take note of your desired job title and location clearly listed at the upper left, you'll need to fill that in on your employment application after you click "Apply Now"
Maintenance Team Lead/Supervisor (Forest Grove, OR)
Hines Growers a major supplier of wholesale nursery stock in the Pacific Northwest is searching for a Full-time Maintenance Team Lead/Supervisor to work at our Forest Grove facility.
Responsible for overseeing the repairing and servicing of equipment used in the production of nursery stock and general maintenance responsibilities on HVAC, irrigation pumps. Assist with the operation of the Mechanic shop.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of general maintenance preferably in a nursery or manufacturing environment
- Basic math skills
- Inspect and diagnose equipment problems and determine the best way to correct them
- General repairs to production line mechanical equipment to include conveyor systems, AC/DC controls, Hydraulic and Electric soil mixers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve maintenance problems to insure minimum downtime and costly repairs
- General repairs of irrigation pumps, compressors, boilers, natural gas fired heaters
- Perform routine preventative maintenance of mechanical equipment
- Inspect drives, motors, belts, check fluid levels.
- Keep records of all work needed and completed
- Conduct annual survey of facility and provide recommendations for replacing / repairing equipment
- Assist with Environmental issues
- Assist in the building of the yearly Maintenance and Repair budget
- Work with other Production and Distribution teams to achieve their goals
- Work with manager to source new vendors for facility needs
- Assist in mechanizing production practice
- Offer suggestions for improving methods and procedures for job processes
- Available to work flexible hours as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Nursery equipment knowledge
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to lift an average of 50 lbs with or without assistance
We offer competitive wages and benefits including medical, dental, vision, PTO and 401K.
Please apply online