Please take note of your desired job title and location clearly listed at the upper left, you'll need to fill that in on your employment application after you click "Apply Now"
Merchandiser Manager (San Antonio South to Laredo, Texas Territory)
Summary – Manages all Color Spot product merchandising activities at the customers’ sites by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate merchandisers.
Essential Functions: (Essential functions, as defined under the American with Disability Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class)
Duties and Responsibilities: (These are not in any hierarchical order)
- Manage, oversee, schedule and provide direction to all Merchandisers
- Manage customer relationship and issue resolution with DM’s, Store Mgrs, and Store Dept Mgrs
- Manage inbound product flow from all suppliers in their assigned stores
- Drive consistent merchandising best practices with the merchandisers
- Manage hiring process, and weekly labor hours to demand and versus budget for their assigned stores
- Manage execution of store sets execution, seasonal transitions, and signage with Merchandisers
- Ensure table sets follow Planagram, manage product transitions, and manage product “audibles” as necessary
- Fill in for any and or all Merchandiser responsibilities as necessary
- Manage the supplier product scrap and inventory processes for their assigned stores
Competencies- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Identify and solve problems in a timely manner
- Respond promptly to requests
- Meet/keep commitments
- Promote quality and accuracy
- Follow Policies and Procedures
- Complete tasks correctly and on time
- Look for ways to promote and improve quality
- Apply feedback to improve performance
- Observe safety and security procedures
- Report potential unsafe conditions
- Follow instructions and directions
- Ability to use innovations and creativity to complete work and initiates action to capitalize on opportunities, which result in actual, quantifiable savings or improvement to the company.
- Ability to generalize and apply learning’s and knowledge from past experiences to solve current problems, even in unfamiliar situations.
- Ability to disseminate deep knowledge of functional best practices through effective training and coaching skills.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems, determine causes, evaluate multiple alternative solutions, make recommendations for action, and predict both direct and indirect consequences.
- Ability to apply a broad knowledge of all financial and operational business processes to designing and implementing solutions that integrate the needs of all functional areas.
- Intermediate computer skills to perform ad-hoc analysis and create management tools.
- Ability to influence others in a desired direction using goals, training, standards/rules, recognition, coaching, team spirit, assistance, initiative, self-control, honesty, and priority setting to achieve business results.
- Ability to delegate and optimize the efficiency of an individual or group while maintaining personal control and a balanced approach.
- Ability to communicate and delegate effectively and listens attentively; clarifies and restates; uses good grammar; persuades effectively, asks for feedback; invites participation; is enthusiastic; and continually checks for understanding.
- Ability to recognize performance strengths and limitations of subordinates and can effectively coach them to achieve their maximum potential.
- Ability to act in a professional and mature manner both within and outside the organization while making a favorable impression through behavioral and business acumen.
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
- Ability to handle personnel issues decisively and fairly.
Planning and Organization Skills
- Ability to establish efficient courses of action for self and others including priority setting and process checkpoints.
- Ability to develop comprehensive, well defined, and realistic plans, execute all facets of the plans, while maximizing the use of available resources to complete the plan.
- Ability and willingness to delegate effectively, assign responsibilities, communicate expectations, allow for individual flexibility, provide follow-up to gain closure, and allow authority required for independent actions.
- Ability and willingness to consider the impact of one’s own decisions on others, both within and outside of their immediate work group.
- Ability to be effective in cross-functional integration and is able to focus on larger, organizational goals rather than narrow, territorial, or individual concerns.
- Ability to relate to others in a professional manner and effectively deal with sensitive people issues while considering the needs, wants, and feeling of others.
- Ability to work with other individuals towards common goals by demonstrating respect, listening to other’s points of view, avoiding defensiveness, expressing personal view points with tact, avoiding blaming others or finger-pointing, and being persuasive without personal attacks or intimidation.
Results Drive and Attitude
- Ability to interact with all individuals in the organization in a manner that is appropriate to their style and custom while fostering understanding, respect, and cooperation in all working conditions. Ability to lead actions that encourage increased trust and mutual respect among subordinates, peers, and managers.
Qualifications-To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/ or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communication or related field
- Minimum 2 years experience in a sales management level role
- Strong business, communication, leadership, planning and organizing, as well as conflict management skills
- Track record of superior performance record
- Excellent negotiation and decision-making skills
- Experience in all aspects of planning and implementing sales strategy
- Knowledge of market research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a skilled problem solver and be able to work in an intense environment
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong logistics and planning skills
- Proficient with computers and all required software
- Develop and foster team environment
- Ability to create and deliver performance management messages to subordinates
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Utilization of all safety rules, regulations and equipment. Ensure safe work environment at all times
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate simple to semi-complex math such as adding, subtracting multiplying, ratios, percentage, and fractions.
Education and/or Experience: Self motivated, able to develop and work as part of a team, and posses strong time management, organizational and communication skills. Will be expected to participate with management in critical development decisions. This position will manage hours to plan, develop measure and monitoring systems to ensure continuous improvement and insure accurate reporting. This position is also responsible for the training and safety of the assigned team. Must have at least two years of experience in a sales management level role. Degree in Marketing, Communication or related field is required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, carry, push, pull; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee will be required to frequently kneel, stoop, bend and stand for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be required to have fine dexterity and motor skills. The employee will be frequently required to push, pull racks which can weigh between 175 to 200 lbs depending on the rack size, and type of plants and if plants are dry or wet. Flats of plants can weigh between 3 lbs to 48 lbs depending on plant type. The employee may be frequently required to lift, carry, push, pull and or move up to at least 100 pounds. These types of items must be team lift, placed on some type of cart or pallet jack. Some plants may require a store associate to move via store equipment. Watering plants includes using industrial garden hoses weighing approximately 50 lbs and keeping area swept.
The employee may be required to work varying hours including weekends and holidays. Saturdays may be mandatory and must be able to work and finish scheduled shifts.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an outside environment to include dust, soil, heat, cold, sun, rain and various other elements and potentially difficult environmental conditions. The employee must be able to tolerate these conditions. The employee may be subject to irregular work schedules.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises all operations teams.
Must carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; holding regular meetings and complying with safety regulations; housekeeping; measuring and monitoring efficiencies; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.