Corporate (in California)
Please take note of your desired job title and location clearly listed at the upper left, you'll need to fill that in on your employment application after you click "Apply Now"
Network Administrator (Temecula, CA)
Summary – Under general supervision, will ensure a proper infrastructure (network, directory, system security, data integrity, telephone, etc.) to enable end users to accomplish business tasks.
Essential Functions: (Essential functions, as defined under the American with Disability Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class).
Duties and Responsibilities: (These are not in any hierarchical order)
- Monitor and analyze network traffic; document/ diagram all system and network configurations (WAN/LAN)
- Define and recommend IT policies and procedures
- Oversee system performance and network solutions; evaluate network needs; research issues; and recommend corrective actions
- Configure and maintain firewalls, routers and switches
- Develop strategies to mitigate risk for business interruptions
- Install, configure, test, maintain, upgrade, monitor, and troubleshoot all infrastructure equipment
- Maintain High Availability and Disaster Recovery systems including backup and restore operations
- Configure and maintain active directory
- Assist with PBX administration
- Perform general help desk support
- Manage mobile devices
- Identify and propose solutions to reduce costs
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve the best value to the business
- Manage server inventory, computer equipment, and equipment tracking
- Perform software licensing audits
- Lead small teams for special projects
- Train users and mentor IT staff
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
Competencies- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Identify and solve problems in a timely manner
- Respond promptly to requests
- Meet/keep commitments
- Promote quality and accuracy
- Follow Policies and Procedures
- Complete tasks correctly and on time
- Look for ways to promote and improve quality
- Apply feedback to improve performance
- Observe safety and security procedures
- Report potential unsafe conditions
- Follow instructions, direction
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/ or ability required.
- Minimum ten years of IT experience supporting network and systems infrastructure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field, or a combination of education and work experience
- Desired certificates: CCNP or CCNA; MCSE or MCITP
- Strong knowledge of: LAN/WAN, network security, routers, firewalls, layer2/layer3, network monitoring, VOIP phones, NetFlow, SNMP, wireless routers/bridges, active directory, server utilization, Windows server products, Microsoft Exchange 2003 and later, server & desk hardware, and technical writing
- Ability to plan and prioritize multiple tasks/projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), including editing and proofing skills
- Excellent listening, interpretation, and reasoning skills necessary.
- Must be an independent thinker and innovative problem-solver
- Ability to foster strong relationships with team members and external clients
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information
- Self starter, able to learn new functions quickly and accurately
- Excellent organizational skills, excellent time management skills with proven ability to prioritize tasks
- Able to meet tight deadlines in time sensitive situations while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Willingness to work on a wide scope of tasks, from administrative to complex
Language Skills: Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of executives, managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports. Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools and controls. The employee will occasionally be required to reach/work over the shoulder, push, pull, reach with hands and arms, stoop, bend, and kneel. Duties involve moving materials weighting up to 20 lbs on a regular basis and up to 50 lbs on an occasional basis. Manual dexterity and coordination are required 75% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, 10-key calculator, phone and similar office machines. May be exposed to the unpleasant unit elements, such; electrical/mechanical/power equipment, occasional heat and noise, dust. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The employee may be required to work varying hours including weekends and holidays. Saturdays may be mandatory and the employee must be able to work and finish scheduled shifts.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will to work primarily in a typical interior/office work environment in a climate controlled environment. May be exposed to the unpleasant unit elements, electrical/mechanical/power equipment, occasional heat and noise, dust. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. Handles emergency or crisis situations. Travel up to 15% of the time to all company sites
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.