Please take note of your desired job title and location clearly listed at the upper left, you'll need to fill that in on your employment application after you click "Apply Now"
Receiving Clerk (Winters CA)
Summary – Responsible for performing a variety of shipping and receiving tasks including receiving, inspecting, and recording shipments of raw material and products. Also responsible for unloading packages and checking their contents to ensure they match the orders, by performing the following duties.
Essential Functions: (Essential functions, as defined under the American with Disability Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class).
Duties and Responsibilities: (These are not in any hierarchical order)
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
- Receives all incoming orders and raw material into SAP accurately and timely
- Determines method of shipment and schedules all outgoing shipments for timely pick up
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons, boxes, etc
- Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes items to departments
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Assist with other duties as required
Competencies- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Identify and solve problems in a timely manner
- Respond promptly to requests
- Meet/keep commitments
- Promote quality and accuracy
- Follow Policies and Procedures
- Complete tasks correctly and on time
- Look for ways to promote and improve quality
- Apply feedback to improve performance
- Observe safety and security procedures
- Report potential unsafe conditions
- Follow instructions and directions
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/ or ability required.
- Minimum two (2) years related experience
- Strong working knowledge of office software applications (Excel, MS Word, etc.) with the ability to plan and prioritize multiple tasks/projects. Strong working knowledge of all office machines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), including editing and proofing skills
- Excellent listening, interpretation, and reasoning skills necessary
- Attention to detail
- Must be an independent thinker and innovative problem-solver
- Ability to foster strong relationships with team members and external clients
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information
- Self starter, able to learn new functions quickly and accurately
- Excellent organizational skills, excellent time management skills with proven ability to prioritize
- Able to meet tight deadlines in time sensitive situations while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Willingness to work on a wide scope of tasks, from administrative to complex
Language Skills: Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of executives, managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate numbers, correct entries and post to records. Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports. Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information. Ability to apply simple math concepts such as adding, subtracting, multiplication, and dividing to practical situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, communicate, reach and manipulate objects. The employee will occasionally be required to reach/work over the shoulder, push, pull, reach with hands and arms, stoop, bend, and kneel. Duties involve moving materials weighting up to 10 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 20 lbs. on an occasional basis. Manual dexterity and coordination are required 75% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, 10-key calculator, phone and similar office machines. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Minimum physical exertion. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The employee may be required to work varying hours including weekends and holidays. Saturdays may be mandatory and the employee must be able to work and finish scheduled shifts.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in a typical interior/office work environment in a primarily climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.