Please take note of your desired job title and location clearly listed at the upper left, you'll need to fill that in on your employment application after you click "Apply Now"
Technical Services Manager (Winters, CA)
Hines Growers has been a leader in the wholesale production of color and ornamental plants for over 25 years. The company’s strategy is based on innovation in the horticultural field and production of a high quality product.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Services Manager at our Winters, CA facility to oversee and coordinate all aspects of
the spray program to ensure harvest to plan and optimal quality of all crops ensuring optimal quality and minimal shrink. We’re looking for individuals who are interested in long-range career growth and have the strategic ability to plan for their professional future. You’ll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do.
A proven track record of successfully developing and implementing integrated pest management plans for all crops according to cultural habits. Develop and implement cultural training programs and plans for all Team Leads specifically for all chemical handlers following the Federal Worker Protection Standards. Qualified candidates must be process driven, self motivated, and able to develop/work as part of a team.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- At least two years of management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture or related field
- 3-5 years of Technical Services
- Must have California Pesticide Applicator’s License, and valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of concepts, practices, procedures, methods and techniques used in horticulture operations
- Knowledge of OSHA, federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to the field
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Results driven & detailed oriented
- Technology Oriented – computer skills – Email, Word, Excel
- Demonstrated self-motivation, initiative, assertive, team based solutions and results
- Ability to manage multiple projects and facilitate group meetings
- We offer competitive wages and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, PTO, and 401K.
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for the position